We are committed to our making our communities a better place to live and work. Learn more about our commitment below.
Our Commitment to the Environment
As a residential and commercial installation contractor, we are committed to being responsible stewards of the environment in which we build our communities. Those commitments are what drive our focus areas of energy conservationism, product recyclability and doing our part to make a difference.
Installed Building Products promotes energy efficiency through insulating homes and commercial structures.
- Over half of the energy used in the average American home is for heating and cooling
- Inadequate insulation and air leakage are the leading cause of energy waste in most homes
- The most common type of insulation we install is fiberglass
- Some loosefill fiberglass insulation is made from scrap material, reducing landfill waste
comprised of 40-80%
- Made of fibrous glass held together
by a thermoset resin
- Contains average of 50% recycled content
- Available as blankets or loosefill
- Most widely used residential insulation material
- 83% of IBP insulation sales in 2019
Cellulose insulation is
comprised of 75-85%
recycled waste paper
- Made of paper and cardboard, has a very high recycled content
- Only available in loosefill form and is blown into the structure with specialized equipment
- 2% of IBP insulation installation sales in 2019
Our Commitment to our Employees and our Communities
We help build homes, and homes build communities that our employees live and work in. And our employees are at the heart of everything we do at IBP.
We empower our employees through our investments in health and safety training, financial wellness education and community giving channels through our Installed Building Products Foundation. As a result, employee turnover is down, morale is up and our dedicated 8,000+ employee base is focused on providing the best customer care in the industry.
Financial Wellness Program
Approximately 5,200 Employee Participants
93% of participants
now have an
72% are now
saving for retirement
94% with debt now
have a payment plan
Installed Building Products Foundation
$1.4 Million Donated in the first year of the foundation…
- Awarded 44 scholarships to employees and their families
- Nearly $19,000 in Employee Financial Assistance grants to help with financial hardships due to unexpected life events
- Announced $825,000 in grants to nonprofit organizations dedicated to building or renovating houses or providing shelter for those in need
- IBP employees have volunteered thousands of hours to nonprofit organizations in their communities nationwide, including: Habitat for Humanity, United Way, Goodwill, local foodbanks and homeless shelters